On Saturday, 05th March 2022 CAiN Program held a “Angel Investing Workshop: Overview of Business Angels” at Basis Point Cambodia.
This workshop was led by Mr. Ngeth Chou, Investor & Independent Director and Mr. Lem Chansamrach, Managing Director of CiC Plc.
- To share concepts on the nature of startups, the nature of angels and the relationship between angels and entrepreneurs.
- To share the perspectives on the development of angel investment and the potential sectors to invest in Cambodia.
- To share the principles and the key motivations in angel investing.
- To share the differences in investment practices between venture firm and business angels.
- Basic understanding of angel investment, business angels and the nature of startups
- Type of investment and supports from angel investor
- Analyzing startups based on key motivation, scalability, innovation, area of interest, business model, revenue model and exit potentials
- Analyzing startup team by checking their experience, mentor, references and their focus.
- Understand that your investment portfolio cannot be perfect, some investment will fail due to some problems such as bad integrity and failing to execute the plans.
- Only invest in what you understand.
- The 4 angel investing process
- Knowing about the potentials of some sectors for angel investment.